Content strategy involves many elements, including information architecture which is the structure of the information, content types, content organization, and content navigation. SEO and on-page content optimization are a huge part of content strategy, and our team has many years of experience planning and implementing content strategy for small businesses and entire corporate and university websites.
Most companies realize that today, content marketing is the most effective way to attract, convince and convert more visitors to customers. Developing a content strategy is more than adding topics to a calendar. Developing content that resonates with your audience requires you to plan, research and define the tactics to build and promote content. Content should be tailored to individual audiences and individual channels.
What to expect in developing your content strategy
A website content strategy involves planning, developing, and managing the content of a website to achieve specific business or communication goals. To plan a website content strategy, you can follow these steps:
- Define your goals: Identify the purpose of your website and what you want to achieve with it.
- Understand your audience: Research your target audience and their needs, preferences, and behavior.
- Conduct a content audit: Review and analyze the existing content on your website to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Define your content types and categories: Decide on the types of content you want to publish on your website and organize them into categories.
- Create a content calendar: Plan the creation, publication, and promotion of your content in advance.
- Optimize for search engines: Optimize your content for search engines by including keywords and meta tags.
- Measure and analyze: Use analytics tools to measure the performance of your content and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Continuously review and update: Regularly review and update your website content strategy to keep it aligned with your goals and audience.